• Cambios en el aspecto y funcionamiento del foro. Ver detalles

Clarkson No Quiere Sus Canciones En "American Idol"

Clarkson Won't Let 'Idol' Use Her Songs
The Associated Press
By DAVID BAUDER

kelly_clarkson.jpg

Singer Kelly Clarkson, who vaulted to fame as the first "American Idol" winner in 2002, is not letting any of her songs be used by new contestants on the show.

A spokesman for Clarkson insisted it's nothing personal, but the stance prompted a public scolding from "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell.

"I think that by ignoring the show you're ignoring the audience who put you there," Cowell said Tuesday.

Clarkson has become a major star in the past year, with her hit "Since U Been Gone" earning both massive sales and critical respect, particularly from a rock community that has looked upon "American Idol" contestants warily. Her album "Breakaway" earned a Grammy nomination for best pop vocal album.

Yet it may have cost her a good relationship with the nation's most popular talent show.

"American Idol" must obtain permission from owners of song licenses before the music can be used on the show. While many love the exposure, some artists — the Beatles, for one — like to rigidly control use of their music.

Clarkson is not allowing any of her songs to be licensed for other uses, said Roger Widynowski, a spokesman for Sony BMG. "It has nothing to do with `Idol,' " he said.

The show's executive producer, Nigel Lythgoe, said he requested songs to be used on this year's show. He said he's not even sure Clarkson herself is aware of the situation.

Before "Breakaway," Clarkson fired Simon Fuller, the "American Idol" creator, as her manager, saying that although he is a "great guy," she needed someone who could give her career more attention. She teamed with Swedish hitmaker Max Martin on "Since U Been Gone."

It's the same delicate position faced by countless other musicians through show biz history, wanting to break away and show artistic independence without alienating those who gave them their start.

Cowell said he hoped Clarkson would let her music be used on "American Idol."
"No matter how talented Kelly Clarkson is, she would not be in the position she's in now without winning this show," he said. "And forget the way she feels about us or the producers or anybody else, or the terrible songwriters she alleges she was with which sold her millions of records.

"It's the public who bothered to pick up the phone to vote for her," he said. "If she refuses to give songs to be used on the show, it's like saying to every person who voted for you, `you know what? Thank you. I'm not interested in you anymore.'"

With the seemingly unquenchable public interest in "American Idol," it's not like the show really needs Clarkson. But she's plainly the best example producers can point to as proof that they can open the door to wish fulfillment.

Sony's Widynowski said he would not comment on Cowell's remarks.

Clarkson, in an interview with The Associated Press last year, said she knows she'll always be identified as an "American Idol," and she has no problems with that.

"That's where I got my start," she said. "They always talk about the big first thing that you did. I think the only thing that I do mind is I don't want people to only focus on that."

For his part, Cowell said, "I don't like this, when they walk away from the show and kind of forget."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Que os parece que Kelly Clarkson (o cualquier otro concursante de estos programas) prohiban la utilizacion de sus canciones?

Os parece justo que ellos se hayan hecho famosos gracias a canciones de otros artistas y que ahora ellos nieguen esa posibilidad a nuevos "talentos"?

Si vosotros fueseis artistas dejarias que vuestras canciones pudieran ser utilizadas de esta manera?

Me parece denigrante que esta recién llegada vaya ya con esos aires de grandeza. Si, la chica canta muy bien...y tiene canciones que no están mal...pero nunca entenderé a la gente que se olvida de sus raices. En este caso es aun peor...puesto que como dice D.S. ella en su día se benefició de poder cantar canciones de otros artistas mas consagrados...y ahora ella no quiere ceder sus propios temas a los nuevos concursantes. En fin, una mas para añadir a la lista negra.

Angie

Esto es MUY surrealista
No veo a qué viene ese desaire. Sí, está claro que quiere romper con esa asociación de 'chica American Idol, pero desde luego no son las formas, y además, actuar así no dice mucho a su favor.

Debería estar agradecida y considerar un honor que tengan interés en versionar sus canciones como si estuvieran a la altura del resto de artistas consagrados que, dicho sea de paso, no tienen ningún problema con ello.

Estaría bien que bajara de la parra y se diera cuenta de que ahí fuera hay artistas con una carrera a sus espaldas y mucha más humildad.
Ya veremos qué es de Kelly Clarkson dentro de unos cuantos años.

BaRTMaN dijo:
Es alguien ya?

Mira creo que tiene canciones wenas y que diga que no kiere dejar sus canciones no significa que se le hayan subido los aires, kiza sea por otro motivo.. siempre podemos mal pensar y kiza en realidad sea debido a un motivo tonto que no implique una "subida de humos"

Bartman dijo:
cómo es que ésta no estaba en la guerra de divas?

Estaras de coña.. no?

Kelly Clarkson es "alguien" únicamente en USA y algún que otro país USA-friendly. Es algo así como la Rosa-de-España norteamericana, y su disco se ha vendido como rosquillas. Hasta tiene una nominación a los Grammys.

A mí particularmente me parece que no vale un duro, pero la verdad es que reconozco que tengo prejuicios en contra de cualquier cosa que haya salido de un programa de TV. Dudo mucho que se convierta en nadie o que siga siendo famosa de aquí a unos años ... pero lo mismo le auguré a Britney Spears cuando sacó su primer álbum y miradla, ahí sigue :z:.

En cuanto al tema principal de post, me parece que Kelly Clarkson tiene derecho a hacer lo que le salga de las narices; haber estado en AI no la convierte en una esclava del programa de por vida. Seguramente ahora quiere desligar su nombre de él, en un intento de convertirse en una artista de verdad; totalmente lícito.

Además, creo que los nuevos "talentos" (y has hecho bien en entrecomillarlo :p) sobrevivirán sin cantar ninguna canción de Kelly Clarkson, que tampoco son tan imprescindibles. Es como si aquí estuvieran vetadas Bulería bulería o Europe is living a celebration xD. Con tener la oportunidad de cantar el catálogo de los artistas de verdad tienen de sobras.

En lo particular, si yo fuese artista (y es muuuucho suponer) me daría lo mismo que utilizaran mis canciones; y si fuese ex-concursante de AI también me daría igual. Aunque la verdad es que me jode mucho cuando en OT cantan un clásico y acaba convirtiéndose en "la canción de Sergio" o "la canción de Soraya" :cuñao. Me acuerdo que pocos días antes del concierto de Roberta Flack en BCN no sé que concursantes de OT cantaron Tonight I Celebrate My Love en la gala, y os aseguro que fue la canción más coreada en el concierto ¬¬, y no porque sea su mayor hit, desde luego. Es lo que tiene la tele ...

J20

Siento echaros para atrás todo pero... COMUNICADO DE KELLY CLARKSON:
Kelly Clarkson, who won the first American Idol title in 2002, is denying that she's battling the show's producers over the use of her songs.

"Kelly Clarkson was happy to hear her song 'Since You've Been Gone' on America Idol last night. As far as she is concerned, there is no conflict between her and the TV show," the singer's spokesperson tells PEOPLE. "She intended all along to license additional material to the show and will do so when asked and within reason."

According to producers for the FOX show, which kicked off its fifth season on Tuesday, they've had trouble reaching a financial agreement with Clarkson to allow contestants to sing her songs.

Tart-tongued judge Simon Cowell weighed in on the controversy saying, "It sounds to me that someone is being difficult and I don't like that."

Clarkson is up for two Grammy awards next month. Still, "No matter how talented Kelly Clarkson is, she would not be in the position she's in now without winning this show," added Cowell.

Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe said the show hopes to come to terms with Clarkson's reps. And Clarkson's manager Jeff Rabhan says she would never snub the show that launched her career.

"We are negotiating for a fair-market value," says Rabhan. "Nobody is more proud of where she comes from than Kelly Clarkson."

FUENTE: PubliSpain Foro de Música y Otras Tendencias

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

En resumidas cuentas viene a decir que todo esto son problemas burocráticos y que se siente muy orgullosa de dónde ha salido.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Por otra parte... decir que Kelly Clarkson derrocha talento y tiene una voz como pocas y que su éxito viene reflejado tanto en la cantidad de fans que tiene (entre los que me cuento, al menos como ferviente admirador...) y en sus cifras de ventas: 8 millones de copias en todo el mundo (Mariah lleva 9...).

Aquí una demostración de su talento vocal: http://www.youtube.com/w/Kelly%27s-High-Notes?v=ng85mjFPZYg&search=kelly%20clarkson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noticia!: Kelly Clarkson actuará en los Grammys interpretando la balada "Because of You" junto a una gran orquesta y un coro gospel!.

PD: Os recomiendo sus dos discos y sus directos en American Idol. ¡IMPRESIONANTES!

Última edición: